Monday, July 30, 2012

Top Secret Recipes...

Today I decided to dust off the old blog, and share my favorite recipe.  My mom made these when I was little girl, and through the years I have tweaked them a little here and there until I decided they were just right.  Put down that chinese take out menu my friends.  I'm about to post my eggroll recipe for the world to see.  *Gasp*  Let's get down to business.



Ingredients

  • 2 cans of all white meat chicken
  • 1 large package of shredded cabbage and carrots for coleslaw (you can shred the cabbage yourself... but I prefer to skip the mess and just buy this stuff instead.)
  • 1 Tbs.. minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. minced ginger
  • 1 Tbs. olive oil
  • 2 Tbs. oyster sauce
  • 2 Tbs.  soy sauce
  • 1 pkg. egg roll wrappers
  • corn starch and water in a small cup for sealing eggroll
  • oil for frying

Directions

Warm olive oil in a large skillet.  Sautee minced garlic and ginger for a minute or so before adding chicken and coleslaw mix.  Mix well and add oyster and soy sauce.  Stir fry for about 2 minutes before removing from heat.  You don't want to overcook the cabbage.. Otherwise you will end up with a soggy eggroll.   Place about 3 Tablespoons of mixture on top of eggroll wrapper.  Wrap according to directions on package.  (I lack the patience required to explain this step to you.)  Make sure there are no holes!  Fry in deep fryer until eggroll is a nice crispy brown.  You can enjoy these babies with sweet and sour sauce, spicy mustard, or whatever you like!


These are actually super easy to make.. You can even double the recipe and freeze the leftovers.  All though leftovers don't last long in this house. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment